Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 17 - Deer Lake

That morning Ruby's husband Malcolm informed us that it had snowed and rained heavily all night. If I had slept in my tent I might have woken in a pool of water. I was very grateful for their kindness and couldn't thank them enough for everything they did for me.

It was still cloudy and drizzly but I had to keep going. I left the restaurant about 11:30am after Leone had taken a few pictures. She will forward them when she gets a chance.

The next stop would be 44 km down the road at Deer Lake. It stayed drizzly and cloudy the whole way there. I don't know what kept me going. I broke my run into stages and made a game of it. I finally made it. First I stopped at Mary Browns (right beside the Ultramar) for something to eat. I went into the Ultramar and got the OK to put up my tent right behind the Ultramar building. They also had a dryer so I changed into dry clothes and used their dryer. Once my tent was setup it felt so good to lay down and get off my feet. But I had to get up and get my clothes out of the dryer. While I was inside I gave my sister Angel a quick call from the pay phone. My clothes were dry and I settled into my sleeping bag for the night. I didn't care about the noise from the trucks. I was just so glad to be off my feet. I fell asleep about midnight listening to the rain fall on my tent.

No comments: