Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, June 1, 2007

Day 47 - St Leonard Campground

I got a good early start and the weather was better. I went about 25 miles and made a stop at the Irving gas station in Grand Falls. It was really hot today. I met Kevin and Richard who worked there. I wanted to go as far as St. Leonard but it was another 10 miles. It was still early in the day and they let me take a shower there and after eating something I felt good to go. While I was there someone made a comment that they should make dog food out of all the over populated animals. I felt sad that someone actually felt that way. It made me more determined than ever to win this fight.

I made it to St. Leonard campground. The owners Willie & Noella were great. They only charged me $5 and signed my flag. It was nice to talk to people who cared about animals.

No comments: