Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, June 8, 2007

Day 55/56 - Quebec City

When I woke up all I could think about was reaching Levis today, 36 miles away. I was going to go the distance cause that meant I could call my parents and my sister and they would come out to meet me. I didn't want to wait another day. Conditions were perfect. It was a cool morning with a slight breeze in my back and I was on the road by 7am. I felt good and my excitement was going to get me there.

I went 12 miles by 9am. I went another 10 miles and then another 10 miles. It was getting hot and I only had a few more miles to go. 38 miles later I checked into a hotel and thats where I stayed until my Mom & Dad & sister picked me up the next morning.

They would spend that day with me and drop me off the next morning. It was just what the doctor ordered. There was lots of TLC and laughs. I didn't want them to leave and it was difficult not to leave with them. But I knew I would see them again in Montreal in less than a week where I would take a couple of rest days.

We met a couple from Ontario and their two dogs on their way to Moncton. They were huge animal lovers and thought this was great.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey mitchy baby... just found out what you have been up to and I wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and sending you all my love and strenght.

"May the road rise to meet you , may the wind be always at your back;may the sun shine warm upon your face , and the rain fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again may God hold you in the hollow of his hand"

lots of love and support,
./meme

KYHU said...

Hey Mitch,
Well done!!! you have marched your cause through 5 Canadian provinces...we will look for you when you cross into Ontario,
KYHU
The Octostars