Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, October 5, 2007

Day 175/6 - Calgary

6256 km completed - 939 km to go

Jen dropped me off back in Strathmore. It was a very cool morning. I got off to a bit of a slow start. Maybe because of the temperature. I walked a bit, ran a bit, walked a bit and then I was OK. On my way out of Strathmore I saw a garage that read 'CAR/TRUCK/PET Wash'. I thought that was pretty cool. I took in some deep breaths of fresh air. I loved this temperature. It was great for breathing. I ran with the biggest smile on my face. Soon I would be in Calgary city limits.

I took in as much of the surroundings as I could. I wanted to enjoy the experience as much as possible. The thought of reaching Calgary was so exciting. I got to the other side of Chestermere and could see in the distance some of the taller buildings of downtown Calgary. It was an awesome sight. I went a few more miles and now I was getting really excited. I ran to the A&W where Jen would pick me up. I just stood there for a few minutes and let out a big sigh. I stared but not really looking at anything. I closed my eyes and thanked God. I went inside the A&W to change my clothes and had a root beer. It wasn't long and Jen pulled up.

She took me over to the Chariot head office so I could get Gidget looked at. Its a great product and I just wanted to make sure she was in good shape for the rest of the way. Well they gave Gidget a warranty overhaul. New tires, bearings, and threw in a front wheel. They were so nice and so supportive. We were good to go.

From there we went back to Jen's place. Saturday was a rest day and I needed to pickup a new pair of shoes and do a couple of other things. Then Sunday we are meeting with the Meow Foundation and the Humane Society at the Cat House. I was so looking forward to that. Then Monday I would start heading for Vancouver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calgary??? Holy smokes. That's crazy. Keep'er going Mitch!!!