Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 178 - Morley

Time to empty the tank!

Jim & Barb from the Roadrunner running group met us just before 9am at the Valley Ridge turnoff just west of Stoney Trail. Barb ran with me for a couple of miles and then Jim picked her up. They met up with me again a few miles down the road and gave me some contact information for some other runners they knew that I could get in touch with. They were so nice and I thought that was pretty great that they came out on this holiday Monday. I was glad I had the opportunity to meet them.

Right away as you leave Calgary you see the mountains. What a change from the east part of Alberta. I passed the Callaway Amusement Park and an antique store called Wild Wild West. I think I scared their horse when I went by cause he jumped and then ran when he saw me.

The closer I got to the mountains the more spectacular the scenery was and the bigger the mountains got and they are already snow covered. I was a little concerned about that. I was happy to see some trees again. Nice change from all the fields going through the prairies. There was so much traffic today. People going home from the long weekend.

Lots of hills and I was glad I had the front wheel on Gidget. I've been running on flat land for some time now and my legs weren't use to so much up and down. My calves were a bit sore. Just before I got to Morley I watched someone horseback riding. Lucky guy.

I got to the Morley turnoff and went inside the restaurant to change my clothes. It wasn't long and Jen and Allen picked me up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mitch... You have run across Canada it's OK to say...

"I never thought I would say it but I think I've reached my physical limit." (Mitch's comment from Oct 18)

You're doing an amazing job...
Karen