Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 179 - Canmore

Last night was the last night I stayed at Jen's place. Before we left I said good-bye to their cats; Tigre, Lucas (who slept with me), and the two kittens, Lexi & Leam. I had so much fun playing with them I was starting to get attached to them. I was tempted to take the kittens with me.

They were calling for a chinook today which is good news for me. We drove back to Morley and before Jen left she ran with me for a bit. She's such a trooper. After Jen left I thought about how great she had been helping me out. I would give her a call in a few days and let her know how I was doing.

The scenery out here is so spectacular. I was surrounded by beauty every where I looked and so much wilderness. As I was crossing into Bow Valley the signs read 'Attention Elk Crossing next 2 km' and then a little further there were more signs that read 'Caution Wildlife on Highway'. I hadn't seen anything yet though.

A car pulled up ahead and it was Jim from the Roadrunner group. He stopped to see how I was doing and brought me some bear spray. I thought that was so thoughtful and kind of him and at the same time I hoped I wouldn't have to use it. He left but would catch up with me later in Canmore.

I was trying to take in as much as I could of my surroundings and not really paying attention to what I was doing. I ran Gidget off the road a couple of times. But the water is so clear and the mountains are so breath taking. I wished it was hot out so I could take a swim but it is way too cold now.

I got to Canmore and stopped at the Fast Gas. I called Magi and she wasn't too far and would swing by to pick me up. Unfortunately Gidget wouldn't fit in her car so she gave me directions and I would meet her there. Just as she pulled away Jim pulled up. We looked at some maps together and he gave me an idea of what was ahead. He gave me a ride to Magi's place. He also gave me a contact of someone in Lake Louise.

After I dropped my stuff off Magi took me to The Grizzly Paw restaurant. I had a great salad she recommended and we also ordered a plate of nacho's. There was probably enough food for six people. That was kinda funny. On our way back to her place we stopped at a meeting she had and I met some of her friends. It was an early night and I was glad about that.

No comments: