Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 180 - Banff

It was just starting to be daylight and Magi was on her way for her morning run. I was packed up and headed for the SPCA. When I got there Jennifer and Sonya greeted me as I came up to their front entrance. A friend of theirs, Jacques, was taking pictures. After some introductions we went inside and they gave me a tour of their shelter. Its a no-kill, no-cage shelter and well designed. Cats on one side and dogs on the other. I met all their animals and got to play with a couple of puppies. I was so glad I was able to meet them. It was a brief visit and then it was time to go.

The beautiful scenery and weather continued all the way to Banff. The air was so fresh and felt so good to breath. When I got to Banff I took the Tunnel mountain exit and took the scenic route to the hostel. What a good choice. The view was unbelievable. The road overlooked the river and valley. i came up to three deer right on the side of the road and they didn't even move as i passed them. They just stared at me. I was within touching distance. It was so cool. I reached the hostel and that is where I stayed for the night.

No comments: