Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day 181 - Lake Louise

I was lucky and got the dorm to myself, no one else showed up. I was in bed early and wanted to be well rested cause its 56 km to Lake Louise. I had a good breakfast at the hostel restaurant and then headed out. I was lucky and got a ride to the highway.

There were a bunch of elk grazing just as I left Banff. There were more hills and some steady uphill climbs for most of the way. When the divided highway ended I could see a couple of teepee's about 75 feet off the highway. I almost went to check it out but decided to keep going. I was glad to see the wildlife fences along the highway for most of the way. There was highway construction for the last 10 km to Lake Louise. I was glad about that cause I didn't feel so alone out here.

When I got to Lake Louise I went to the Info centre and got directions to the hostel. I checked in and then went to the restaurant for a hot cup of coffee and some pancakes. I was so hungry. I sat down by the window and watched buses and tourists come and go. There was an elderly man filling up with gas and he had a white beard and long white hair with a red cap on and a red jacket. He sure looked like Santa Claus.

Time for a warm shower and more sleep.

No comments: