Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Day 182 - Field

I don't worry about tomorrow and I can't think about yesterday anymore. I can only focus on today and todays target is a small town called Field. Its only 27 km away. A couple of marathon runners here in Lake Louise have told me when I get to Field I should rest for a few days cause the run to Golden will be a tough 53 km hilly one. I can't afford to rest. As long as the weather is good I'll keep going. I'll rest when I get home. For today I just want to get to Field and cross into B.C.

It was a pretty chilly morning. I'm pretty excited about getting to B.C. and through Kicking Horse Pass. I came up to a lodge that was closed called West Louise. Its across from a lake. I could see the reflection of the mountains in the water. The reflection was so real like it was hard to tell what was right side up. At the peaks I could see thick ice under the snow. It made me think about mountain climbing and how much fun that would be.

I passed the sign that said Welcome to Alberta. And then the sign Welcome to British Columbia. Finally, only one more province to go. I made a pit stop and took in the view. There was a creek down below and the scenery was incredible.

It was a downhill run to Field. Its quite the drop in elevation. Rock cuts and the water follows the highway. I was captivated by what I was seeing. Once I got to the bottom it was pretty flat. My knees and thigh muscles were sore from the steepness of the downhill running. I came up to a sign that said End of Avalanche Area. I can only imagine what that would be like.

When I reached Field I stopped at the Info Centre and got directions to the hostel. Its just a little town at the foot of a mountain and takes about five minutes to tour the whole town so the hostel wasn't hard to find. It's fairly new and very nice. You feel like you're in a chalet. I went to bed early in preperation for a long run to Golden tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your link through the MEOW website, what a journey you are undertaking! I rescued my two cats from MEOW, and am proud I did. Keep up the good work, godspeed.