Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 184 - Sicamous

There was a heavy fog this morning. I could barely see ten feet in front of me. I went to the Husky Restaurant for breakfast. They said the fog should lift by noon. I thought alot about yesterday and my near death experiences. I had that feeling that something was telling me not to leave Golden. Sitting at the table across from me was a truck driver and he was telling me how poorly engineered the highway is in this area and that the highest rate of accidents are along Rogers Pass and Golden. After yesterday I could sure testify to that. It made me wonder if these were signs trying to tell me something. I left the restaurant and right beside is the greyhound bus depot. I stood there for awhile, listening to my heart, which I've been doing ever since I left St. John's. If I had a support vehicle I would chance Roger's Pass but my gut instinct is telling me to take the bus over the pass. And thats what I did. As the bus pulled out I was hoping I did the right thing. The highway was narrow and there was little to no shoulders especially across the narrow bridges and several tunnels and around the sharp curves. There was barely enough room for two vehicles. We passed an accident sight where the cement divider had been taken out. I knew then that I had made the right decision.

No comments: