Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 185 - Tappen

The road leaving Sicamous was still narrow and little to no shoulders. I started with an uphill curvy climb. The drivers around here are crazy! I held my breath every time I went around a curve or a strtech with no shoulder. This went on for about five miles and then the road opened up like a door and at that moment I knew I was where I should be. That I was right for following my instincts. After a few miles I didn't have that claustraphobic feeling anymore. There were pockets of houses and homes along the lake shoreline. I came up to a community called Canoe. It was more like a logging port. From there it was about six miles to Salmon Arm. It was a gradual climb and then a steep hill down to the city centre. I made a pit stop at Tim Horton's. On my way out of Salmon Arm there was a bit of construction. Stopped was a truck driver I've seen many times on the highway and he always honked and waved. A couple of local people showed me a short detour around the construction. They wished me luck. I passed a few campgrounds that were closed for the season. Just before Tappen the PineView was still open and I stayed in one of their cabins.

No comments: