Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Day 6

The weather is a problem this morning. Blowing wet snow. Its suppose to break later today. I had to made the decision to hold up for a day.

I used the day to call Openline Radio to raise more awareness and reach more people. I was encouraged by the way it went. Then I went over to the Clarenville S.P.C.A. You had to go down a very long steep hill into the harbour to get there. I met Tina, Jewel and spoke with Ann Marie. After some introduction and clarification about what I was doing, they shared a number of their shelter stories & history with me. I enjoyed chatting with them. I could feel their passion as they spoke. Passion and unfailing love for animals seemed to be the common emotions amongst shelter workers. They couldn't hide their emotions. And the shelter animals were in desperate need of their love. After being there for over an hour Tina gave me a ride back into town. It would have been about a 40-45 minute walk otherwise.

I left there thinking most people don't realize the hardships both the animals and the caregivers go through in a day, let alone a year and the sacrifices that are made. I found myself thinking that the rest of us need to step up and do our part to help improve things. This is an opportunity for everyone to make a difference and improve life for our companion friends and lighten the burden on our shelters.

Tomorrow I head for Gander. Its a three day run. I hope the weather improves.

1 comment:

Sessy said...

With you today and every step along the way....behind you..beside you...and there to carry you and support you when you need....

Be safe