Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 12 - Badger

April 26

Weather forecast was grim. Expecting 1 cm of snow and turning to rain later today. It was -3 and partly cloudy when I left Grand Falls. The winds, ohhhh the winds were up to 30km and I was running right into it.

At one point a snow squal hit and I took cover under some trees. I waited about 10 minutes for it to pass. About 10 km down the road the sun came out for a bit but the wind was still intense and it was all I could do to run through it. I hit snow flurries a few more times and right up to Badger. I was dead tired.

I stopped at Kelly's Restaurant and had something to eat. The wet snow hadn't let up. I would spend the night in Badger and get an early start tomorrow. Weather conditions looked better for tomorrow.

No comments: