Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 14 & 15 - Junction 410

I woke up about 5:45am. I could see daylight thru the tent. It was a calm, clear morning but cold. My routine was to quickly put on my shoes and go to the bathroom and grab ny food bag and hurry back into my sleeping bag where I would eat something first before changing and packing up. At that point my hands were freezing and I hurried to get moving to warm up. I was on the road by 7:30am.

I few hours had passed and a car stopped. A Mother and her daughter were on their way to St. John's. They offered me some snacks and proceeded to tell me about their dream to trek across Canada with their Dad one day. It was fun chatting with them.

I continued on towards South Brook. I finally reached it and stopped at the local gas station. I used the washroom and grabbed a couple of snacks. I called my sister Angel briefly to let her know where I was. I wasn't sure what would be ahead but knew it would be a few days before I would reach Deer Lake.

The next gas station I came across was at the junction for Springdale. It was overcast now and getting a little colder. I stopped for a few minutes. Once I left there it started to drizzle.

It was getting colder now and the drizzle had turned into wet snow. I had gone about another 15 km and it was time to find a place to camp but there was nothing. I kept saying there will be something just a little bit further. By now I had gone about 27 miles, further than I wanted to but there was no good spot to pitch a tent. My feet were soaked and starting to hurt. I did alot of singing and talking to myself and always having conversations with my God. I was asking him for a change in the weather. Before I knew it I had reached the 410 junction. I stopped at the restaurant and would end up staying there for the next 24 hours until there was a break in the weather.

No comments: