Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 31 - Ferry to P.E.I.

God sends another Angel

We were up at 7am. June had made some tea and I had one of her home made muffins and then I was on my way.

Just after I got on the highway Mary and the kids passed me on their way to school and honked and waved. On Mary's way back she stopped and chatted with me for a bit. They were such kind people and they made me feel like family. I had gotten their contact info so I could keep in touch.

I reached New Glasgow and took the exit into town. I stopped at the Vet Clinic that I saw and went in to say hello. Amy and Marilyn signed my flag and gave me directions to the ferry to P.E.I. It was still another 25km or so. I walked over to the Tim Horton's for a coffee with Amy and she told me about her plans to go thru school to become a veterinarian. It was nice chatting with her. We talked about the importance of spay & neutering assistance for people with low incomes.

On my way back to the highway I stopped at the Irving station and called Lana of the New Glasgow Evening News. She came down to interview me and took a picture. I then went on my way and headed for Pictou.

I went about 10 km and my feet were starting to ache. I was struggling a bit. Finally I reached Pictou. Crossing its causeway was a bit challenging with the wind. I had stopped for a bit of a break in Picyou and thats when I met Kelly. He had stopped and offered to give me a ride to the ferry terminal. He had seen me earlier in the day. I thanked him and had a couple hours wait for the 6pm ferry. Once on the boat we arrived in P.E.I. just after 7:30pm. The terminal on the other side was closed. There wasn't much there. The Wood Islands campground was a couple of km in the other direction. There was the Meadowlands Motel but they were closed. The owners were there and I got their permission to put up my tent behind their building. It was great to be off my feet and I would rest there for 24 hrs. Unfortunately the forecast was 5-10 cm of snow and rain.

No comments: