Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 32/33 - Wood Island P.E.I.

Forecast is 5-10 cm of snow and rain.

It felt good to rest my feet but the night before I headed for Charlottetown would be memorable. It was cold and damp sleeping in my tent and in the wee hours of the morning I woke up to pouring rain on my tent. It sounded like being in a tin cup. It had snowed a bit but not as much as they had predicted. It was more slush and rain. The rain started to slow down around 7am. The motel owners let me in to warm up before I left. It was still raining but I headed for Charlottetown. It would rain on and off but I was happy the landscaping was flatter in P.E.I. and I was making pretty good time. But the rain came down heavily at times. My feet were wet and so was I and alot of my stuff. I had gone about 36 km and a very kind man rescued me from the rain. He dropped me off at the Tim Horton's in Charlottetown where I called Kelly at the Humane Society. She was on her way over to pick me up.

No comments: