Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Day 35 - Shemogue

Best relay team in Canada!

By the time I got on the shuttle and across the bridge it was getting late and it was pouring rain. It would make sense to start in the morning. I called Peter at CA-R-MA (cat rescue) who lived near by and he came to pick me up. He and his wife Corina would help me tremendously over the next couple of days while I made my way towards Moncton. They would pick me up and drop me off and at night I stayed with them.

Meeting Peter was special for me. We had conversations previously but I had never met him in person. And to meet Corina and their pets and spend a couple of days with them made it even more special. They had gone out of their way to make sure everything worked out as best it could for me. Peter had arranged interviews with the local radio and newspaper which went well I thought. Corina had also picked up a parcel of supplies I had sent to Kirsteen in Amherst. My only dissappointment was that I didn't get to meet Kirsteen or visit the Amherst shelter. Because I had crossed the bridge from PEI it made more sense to go to Moncton from there opposed to backtracking through N.S. That meant I wouldn't be passing through Amherst.

It was great to beable to run for a few days without all that weight in my pak. I started at the bridge where even though it was pouring rain both Peter and Corina dropped me off and took some pictures. It would be a wet couple of days but staying with Peter and Corina made it more bearable. They took such good care of me!

They also arranged for me to stay with Madi and Dave in Moncton who also run a cat rescue. They would relay my stuff to them and Madi and Dave would pick me up at a pre arranged time and appr. location.

No comments: