Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, June 1, 2007

Day 45 - River Country Campground

I went to the Woodstock Public Library to use the computer. While I was there the librarian phoned the local newspaper and they sent a couple of reporters to interview me. I thought that was great and thanked them for doing an article.

It was a day of running into the wind. At one point my flag blew off and I had to chase it down the highway. I had forgotten about my stroller and it rolled into the ditch. While this was going on a trucker drove past and I think he had a good laugh at my expense.

There was more traffic now and lots of broken beer bottles on the highway. Few people waved or honked. I tried talking to a few people but they pretty much ignored me and kept on going. I think they were afraid. Sometimes its easier to talk to animals about people than it is to talk to people about animals.

I was late getting to the campground. It was already getting dark. The owner, Steve, was great, he didn`t charge me anything. They had showers and laundry so I did both.

No comments: