Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, June 8, 2007

Day 53 - Roch-des-Aulnaies

The wind was incredible this morning. The campground was 4km off the highway. To top it off the wind was against me and blowing me around like a piece of paper. It had to be at least 40-50km and it wasn't dieing down. A few miles felt like 10. I just about got blown into the ditch a few times. It reminded me of my days in Newfoundland with the wind coming off the ocean. This was going to be a long day. I had to talk myself into keeping going more than a few times. I had made a pit stop at a gas station and as I was leaving I looked for my team Canada ball cap but it was gone. The wind had taken it and I didn't even see it go. I made it as far as Camping des Aulnaies and was dog tired. Not once did the wind let up or change direction. I put my tent up in a quiet area and took some Advil and fell asleep. The wind died down during the night.

No comments: