Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, June 8, 2007

Day 52 - Riviere-Ouelle

It was still raining in the morning. It didn't clear until about 11:30am. I thought I might be held up for the day but it stopped enough for me to packup and move on.

Just as I was getting started I met a young guy roller blading across Canada with his parents following him in a camper truck. I thought how great it would be to have a support vehicle. They were very nice and his Mom gave me some water and fruit. I also met two guys cycling from Kingston to St. John's. The one guy was from St. John's NL and he had seen me before he left for Ontario in NL. It was great chatting with them. Another guy in a van stopped to chat with me and he brought me to a breeder to show me their Belgian dogs. They had a great location with a panaramic view of the area. We talked about the shelters in Quebec that are overpopulated and about the problem of apartment leases coming up that would mean a number of pets will be abandoned. We talked about how people need to be more responsible when it comes to being a pet owner.

That night I made it to the campground in Riviere-Ouelle. I put my tent up almost in the dark. They had showers & washing machines so I did both. It was dark and I had a hard time finding my way back to my tent. It was raining hard at times during the night and I didn't sleep much.

No comments: