Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Abbotsford - Oct 26

It was a roundabout way of getting from Chilliwack to Abbotsford. On the positive side it was quieter and less traffic. But I had to be on the lookout for dogs. Just about every yard had two or more big dogs. Thankfully they were fensed in except for one pitbull. He surprised me. I had to pull into a driveway while some trucks passed because there was no shoulder. There were hedges and trees on both sides of the driveway and no way to see anything. A pitpull came out of nowhere and looked like he was making a dash for me. I was about to pull out my bear spray and he just stopped in his tracks and stopped barking too. I thought to myself 'cool' and just kept on going. Not sure what stopped him, maybe another angel.

There were more fields and horses to look at and one horse was really close to the fense so I stopped to pat him but I got zapped instead. It was an electric fense. I'm pretty sure the horse laughed at me. He looked like he had rolled in the mud and his head was covered with thistles.

Once I got to the city centre for Abbotsford getting through the intersections was interesting. Traffic was heavy and a bit crazy. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was downtown Vancouver.

I thought a lot today about going home, probably cause I'm so close to finishing. I'm looking forward now to being off the roads and out of traffic. I know my family will be relieved when I'm safe at home and they won't have to worry about me anymore. This has been pretty stressfull on them. I worry more about them than I do myself.

No comments: