Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Day 27 - Arichat to Port Hastings

I was wide awake lying in my tent but it was still dark. I couldn't wait for the sun to come up. Once it did I was packed up and ready to go in 30 minutes. But I didn't have anything to eat except one energy bar and a few sips of water. It was clear skies and sunny. I was praying I would come across a gas station or something soon cause I was really hungry and thirsty. If I didn't hit anything I had about 25 km to Port Hawksbury.

While I was going I lectured myself about running out of rations. It was a big lesson I would learn. It wouldn't be till I reached Port Hawksbury that I found food and something to drink. I can't let that happen again especially in this kind of heat. Lesson number two. The first lesson was with my shoes.

I stocked up on supplies and proceeded to Port Hastings where I would stop for the night. I got a hold of Zonda and would meet up with her and her Mom later. I also reached Kelly in Charlottetown and she lifted up my spirits. I am so looking forward to my visit with them. It was exactly the motivation I needed at this point to keep going.

No comments: