Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day 42 - King's Landing

In the morning Flo & Stan drove me back out to the highway. They were planning a trip out west in the fall and there's a possibility I might run into them again out there. I hope so.

It was going to be another hot day and I wanted to reach the campground in King's Landing by noon. It was great not having weight on my back while I was running. My feet were much happier today. The stroller presented its own challenges but it was better to run without the weight.

I had gone about 11 miles and was making really good time even with the hills. An MRDC truck pulled up in front of me. Thats where I met Tom Gibson of MRDC Operations Corporation. He is a Maintenance Patroller for MRDC. He had seen me a couple of times and decided to stop and ask me what I was doing. He took down the information and took a picture. He returned shortly after he left with a Tim Horton's coffee. I thought that was so cool. I thought he was such a kind man and thanked him.

I reached King's Landing just after 1pm and stopped at the restaurant. I spoke with a couple of people biking and they signed my flag. There was also some folks filling up with gas that stopped to talk with me for a few minutes and signed my flag. They gave me some tips on where to camp. A couple of other people also stopped to find out what I was doing and would sign my flag.

I made a bunch of phone calls and then went inside for something to eat. I decided to put my tent up just on the other side of the Information Centre just out of site on the King's Landing Historical site. By now it was close to 6pm. It was quiet except for the birds but they eventually left when it got dark. I had quite a few black fly bites. It was warm enough that I didn't need to sleep in my sleeping bag until the middle of the night.

No comments: