Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Even animals need compassion and kindness!

Friday, June 8, 2007

Day 50 - St-Antonin

It didn't take me long to get going. I ate while I walked for a bit. It was quiet and my thoughts were all over the place. I was anxious to reach Quebec City. My parents and sister were going to drive up and meet me there and spend the night with me. I looked forward to that and couldn't wait to hug them.

I would also have to switch over to Highway 132 once I got to Riviere-du-Loup. Cyclists and pedestrians are not allowed on hwy 20 or 40. I would have to follow the 132 as far as it would take me...eastside of Montreal.

I had passed a few dogs chained outside and wondered what life was like for them. In most cases there didn't seem to be anyone around. Alot of times they were agitated by me passing by. In some cases I was glad they were tied up. Socializing pets didn't seem to be practised as much in this province. Pets are not always welcomed in campgrounds in Quebec and in some campgrounds you have to pay for them. There's also alot of No Pets Allowed signs. Many people in Quebec regard cats & dogs as just animals and not necessarily part of the family like other people from other provinces do.

I reached the edge of St-Antonin county and came up to a Motel. I stopped and asked the owner if I could put my tent up in the back. She didn't mind but warned me sometimes they get wild animals. The only thing I heard all night were of the two legged kind. Someone had walked near my tent and then walked away.

No comments: